Most of us are not even aware of the real potential of Gmail and Google Workspace (formerly known as G Suite).
Do you know you can convert your Gmail into a full-fledged application for your business?
You can use them for the following.
- Team collaboration
- Email automation
- Support mailbox
The possibilities are limitless because the platform is made for flexibility. In this article, you’ll discover several tools that’ll help you turn Gmail and Google Workspace into a business powerhouse.
But before that, let me tell you a little more about why this is the right option.
Using Gmail or Google Workspace apps for various business purposes can prove to be a lot more affordable than using a SaaS solution, mainly because you can get a ton of apps and features for one single price.
We all know Google as one of the most reliable companies in the world, and it’s safe to say your data is 100% secured with them. Google Workspace stores information in Google data centers that are all over the world. This means if one or multiple data centers go down for a while, you still have plenty of others from all over the world to hold it up.
There are a lot of email services in the market, and while some of them are good enough, there are also a lot of them that have really poor deliverability rates. However, such is not the case with Google Workspace.
You can validate outgoing mail using DKIM and SPF records, which can have a great impact on your spam rating in a good way. And in turn, it keeps your deliverability rate in good shape.
Now, let’s explore the following tools.
An efficient tool to seamlessly manage teamwork, Drag can turn Gmail into your full-fledged collaborative center. You can use it as a helpdesk, CRM, and even manage various tasks through it. Not only that, but you can also assign tasks to team members and watch over them at any time. You can even bring every member together to form a shared inbox for different purposes.
With their internal team chat feature, you can stay up to date with that’s going on inside the team and discuss your next move. You can get started for free and try the features out before opting for a paid plan.
If you want to provide collaborative email support to your customers using Gmail, you need help from Helpwise. It offers you a unique solution with functionalities not available in Gmail.
This platform offers you a range of powerful attributes, such as:
- Multiple logins for team members without sharing the password
- Track all communications for better accountability
- Smart assign to assign conversations automatically
- Set automation rules based on keywords, working hours, and workload
- Centralize conversations for multi-channel communication
There are many more features available with this solution. Before purchasing, you can try it for free or get a demo.
With Gmelius, you can transform your Gmail account into a collaborative channel and watch over your team’s work process in real-time. It is praised by some of the biggest companies, like Forbes, Google, and Crowd.
Once you enable this extension on your Gmail account, you can:
- Manage group emails
- Create task-list and track your progress
- Send automated emails to your customers
- Organize team tasks with shared labels
- Offer customer support with group emails
- Simplify tasks with pre-made templates
- Track the statuses of emails sent
There’s a lot more to it, and you can try out all of that by requesting a free demo or signing up for free.
You can schedule emails to be sent later with Boomerang. It is a brilliant extension that puts you in control of when you send and receive emails. This service will also help keep your inbox much cleaner by archiving unimportant emails and bringing them back to notice on your chosen date.
Not only that, if you haven’t heard back from certain emails you sent to people, you can set reminders for following up with them as well. Boomerang has a free plan and as well as paid plans starting at $4.99/month.
Having Streak is literally like using a spreadsheet on Gmail. You can have information about your contacts, tasks, and pipelines and even add, edit and collaborate well within the one-single system. On top of that, filtering, sorting, and grouping your data in any configuration is a breeze.
You can use this service for various purposes, like:
- Tracking leads and sales
- Hiring process
- Forming helpdesk
- Managing real estate buyers and sellers
- Manage and track projects
You can use their free-forever plan or pick one of their paid plans at $49/user/month.
An free email tracking for Gmail, Mailtrack, notifies you whenever your emails are opened. You can check how many times your email was opened, at what time, and what was the timing of the first time it was opened. Very specific and useful for businesses that like to be informed.
You can be sure your data is secure with them, and why would it not be when brands like Uber, Yahoo, and LinkedIn uses it.
A fantastic productivity booster Google Chrome extension, Vocus helps you carry out a bunch of tasks easily, which would have taken you a ton of time otherwise. You can:
- Track opens, and link clicks
- Figure out anyone’s email address just by their name
- Set automatic follow-ups in case you don’t hear back
- Schedule a bunch of emails to be sent at a fixed time
- Integrate with various CRMs like Salesforce
- Create templates and polls to save time and eliminate guesswork
- Create and collaborate with your teams
Pricing plans start from $5/month, and you can even watch their 2-min demo first.
No matter the business size, Hiver can help you create and manage team groups straight from just Gmail. It is an extremely intuitive solution that comes with an easy-to-use UI.
With this service you can:
- Monitor every single email conversation within groups
- Make internal notes and mentions for teammates
- Assign certain tasks to specific teams members with just one click
- Get notified whenever your emails are opened
It is used by some of the biggest names like Canva, Hubspot, and Shutterstock. You can start a free trial and then pick one of their paid plans, starting at just $14/user/month.
Mixmax puts a lot of emphasis on security, which is why they have various certifications in place, such as:
- Privacy Shield
- Data privacy and encryption
You can be sure all the boxes are checked for security when you use this service, and you’ll probably never run into issues with it. Talking about the features, it lets you:
- Schedule bunch of emails ahead of time
- Curate sequences
- Track the status of emails
- Embed polls and surveys
- Maintain a robust workflow
- Integrate to various third-party apps
Pricing plans start from as low as $9/user/month when billed annually.
Helping you organize your workflow, Sortd makes your daily emails a lot less chaotic. This service helps you turn your traditional Gmail interface into something a lot more productive, while still keeping the old one alive.
Once installed, you’ll have a mini side button on the UI from which you can perform various tasks like:
- Prioritize certain emails over others
- Create a to-do list and adhere to it day-to-day
- Set reminders for tasks and emails
- Customize the interface to fit your needs
- Create and manage teams
All of this for just $6/user/month, but you can get started for free.
With the ability to schedule emails and create templates, Rightinbox is another amazing service that’ll put your Gmail through steroids. It has a bunch of other interesting features as well, like:
- Schedule follow-ups to be sent if the recipient doesn’t reply
- One-click signatures to come across more professional
- Set important reminders
- Create and manage private notes for productivity
- Embed exciting GIFs
- Generate link previews within emails
- Get notified about the status of your emails
You can get started for free or pick one of their premium plans for $4.95/user/month.
With the use of the above extensions, and apps, you can enhance the functionality of Gmail or Google Workspace and turn it into an absolute business machine.
Next, You may also read Google Workspace Individual.